A Restful Sleep through a Meditation Exercise.
If you never tried meditating before, post above contains 5 simple steps to help you relax your body and mind and prepare you for a restful sleep and I’m sure you will be happy with the results next morning!
Five Meditation Steps to Have the Most Restful Sleep
1. Find a place not to be disturbed. Easiest is to meditate even in the bedroom. The best time for meditation is just before you prepare for sleep. Before starting meditation close any source that might distract you: television, telephone, and draw the curtains.
2. Lie in bed and relax. Wear a pajamas that you feel more comfortable. Close your eyes and allow thoughts of the day to come and go. Do not stress yourself thinking that you are not sleeping just leave you in the flow of thoughts for a few minutes. It is also important that your bedroom to be neither too hot nor too cold, because an extreme temperature can cause you discomfort.
3. Start to focus on your breathing. As in other types of meditation, breathing is a crucial point that will help you get disconnected from external reality. So, try to become aware of air that enters through your nostrils until the lungs. Feel how your abdomen rises and withdraws. Let your arms and legs become heavy and release the muscle tension.
4. Use your visualization. Further, use your visualization that is a very important technique in this type of meditation to calm your mind. Imagine one of the following scenes: strolling clouds in the sky, the sea, a plain full of flowers, an isolated mountaintop, all can be an image that can help you to relax.
5. Count to ten or twenty. While your mind visualize a beautiful picture, start slowly count to ten or up to 20. Count to two on each inhale / exhale. To be easier you can imagine slowly coming down some stairs. Count their steps. With each breath, your body should relax more and stress starts to disappear completely. At some point, you will lose count and you’ll be able to go into sleep. If you fail the first night, do not lose hope! Be patient, exercise consistently and you will succeed.
You can also try to use music to go faster in a state of relaxation.
Read more: http://dietandi.com/a-meditation-exercise-for-a-restful-sleep/#ixzz2rFctKCSP